domingo, 27 de abril de 2014

Now go over exercises A to B on page 17 of your Market Leader book about present simple.

A. Darren Thoop works for Entertainment One, a media company in Toronto, Canada. Complete the article below about his working day using the verbs from the box.

checks, does, drives, finishes, gets, has, likes, makes, spends, travels

Darren Throop gets up at 6 a.m. and does some exercise in the gym in this house. At about 6.30, he makes breakfast for his two daughters. Then he checks his e-mails in his home office. He drives to work. At lunch time, he has a salad at his desk. At work, he spends a lot of time in meetings and on conference calls. He finishes his office day at about 5 p.m. He travels on business a lot, so he likes to spend all his free time with his family.

B Complete this information about Masami Kimura. Use the correct form of verbs in brackets.
I am Masami Kimura and I am married with teo children, Aiko and katsuki. They go (go) to an international school. My husband is name is Seito. He works for a shipping company, and I work for an international securities company.
We live in tokyo, near shinjuku. I travel to work by subway, but seito drive to work. We both like sports and travelling. At the weekend, we play golf or we go camping.

Develop exercises A to E on page 19 of your Market Leader book about how to use expressions of frequency.

A. Write the words in brackets in the correct place in these sentences.

1. She usually gets up early. (usually)
2. They always start their first meeting at nine o`clock. (always)
3. We are never late for meetings. (never)
4. I am often busy in the afternoon. (often)
5. The sometimes office close at 3 p.m. (sometimes)

B. Read these pairs of sentences. Cross out the incorrect word in sentences. b) Of each pair.

1.
a) He reads the paper every day.
b) He always / sometimes reads the papers.
2.
a) We eat in the company cafeteria four time a week.
b) We usually / sometime eat in the company cafeteria.
3.
a) I work late once a month.
b) I usually / sometimes work late.
4.
a) The managers do not go to business dinners at the weekend.
b) The managers never / sometimes go to business dinners at the weekend.
5.
a) The company Director travels on business twice a week.
b) The company Director always / often travels on business.


C. An interviewer asks three people about their typical day. Listen and complete this table.


Mark
Isabelle
Dan
1. What do you do when you get to work?
Say hello to colleagues, check e-mail.
Check my email and take coffee with my colleagues.
I meet as my team, I look at my blackberry, and reply important e-mail.
2. Where do you have lunch?  
In the restaurant with colleagues.
Never stop for lunch as a sandwich.
Often lunch in the restaurant of the company, two weekly.
3. How often do you travel on business?
I`m always travel to new york event.
I never travel to be in the office.
I travel sometimes, at least three times a year to Africa.
4. What do you do at the weekend?
On Saturday out to share with colleagues.
The Saturday dinner with friends and going to movies.
I always read and hear music.


E. Work in pairs. Ask and answer these questions. Add your own questions.

How often do you

1. play sports?
5. entertain at home?
Usually on Sundays
I often read books.
2. Use a mobile phone?
6. go on business trips
Always, every day.
Sometimes
3. Drive to work / college / university?
7 go abroad on holiday?
Sometimes
Usually not.
4. go to a gym / fitness center?
8. buy a newspaper / magazine?
Never
Sometimes

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario