domingo, 27 de abril de 2014

Open your Market Leader book on pages 10 and 11: Develop exercises A to F of Language Focus 1, and A to C of Language Focus 2.

A. Complete this information about Miristella with short forms of the verb to be.

My name’s Maristella. I am Brazilian and i am from Sao Paulo. I am a research analyst for an investment bank in New York. I am married with two children, a boy and a girl. They are at high school in Scarsdale. My husband is American and he is a doctor. My sister is in New York, too. She is a student at Columbia University. We are all interested in sports and movies. My son is a good tennis player.

C. Complete this chart about yourself. Then introduce yourself to a partner. (Compañero)


1
Name
Ricrdo Hurtado Gomez
4
Nationality
Colombian
2
Job
I`m a team leader
5
Interests
environmental engineering
3
City
I`m from Bogota
6
Favourite sports
Football, tennis


D. Now write a paragraph about your partner. Use the text in Exercise A as model.

My partner`s name is Nestor, is Colombian, currently live in Bogota, is an student of Systems Engineering. He's single, lives with his parents and works at a company that markets software as a systems engineer. He Like on basketball and biking.

E. Complete these sentences with negative forms of to be.

1. She`s Russian, but she isn`t from Moscow.
2. They`re Japanese, but they aren`t from Tokyo.
3. He`s German, but he isn`t from Munich.
4. I`m in sales, but i`m not the manager.
5 The office is in Paris, but it isn`t in the center.
6 Her name is Sophia, but she isn`t Italian.



F. Match the questions and answers about Sergio.

1. Are you Spanish?                                                      a) No, i am marketing manager.
2. Are you a sales manager?                                      b) No, she is Mexican.
3. Are you married?                                                      c) No, i am Italian.
4. Is your wife a manager?                                         d) No, she is a lawyer.
5. Is she Italian?                                                              e) Yes, i am. That is a picture of my wife.





A. Write correct article (a/an) for each job.

an accountant
an executive
a pilot
an architect
a journalist
a receptionist
an artist
a lawyer
an aresearch analyst
a cashier
a manager
a sales assistant
a consultant
an office worker
a technician
a director
an optician
a telephone operator
a doctor
a personal assistant (Pa)
a trainee
an engineer




B. Work in pairs. Talk about your job and the jobs of your family and friends.
I`m an team leader. My wife is a social communicator. My father is an army pensioner, my mother is a housewife. My eldest brother is a priest and my younger brother is a military.


C. Listen to three people talking about their jobs and complete this chart



Pierre
Gustavo
Silvia
What is his/ her job?
an engineer
a lawyer
an architect
Where is he / she from?
Switzerland
Argentine
Sicilia
Where is his / her office?
Singapore
New York
Rome
What does his / her partner do?
an accountant
a journalist
a househusband



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario